From: Fabian Zeindl <fabian.zeindl@×××.at>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] USE Flags
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 19:18:33
Thomas de Grenier de Latour wrote:
> I've put a possible implementation on bug #84884, which doesn't > uses metadata.xml, but instead extends use.local.desc semantics > (meaning that it's no more only for flags that are not global, > but also to override global descriptions on a per-package basis). > The advantage of this approach is that it's simple, both to > implement and to use.
Hm, thank you, that's what I love about gentoo: It's so fresh and new that the developers accept proposals instead of saying "we don't do that, because we never did that this way!" :-) I hope many developers will use this... thanks! fabian -- Musik kann nicht illegal sein: I prefer signed/encrypted Mail: Fingerprint: CFE8 38A7 0BC4 3CB0 E454 FA8D 04F9 B3B6 E02D 25BA