From: "C. Bergström" <cbergstrom@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Christian Ruppert <idl0r@g.o>, Gaurav Saxena <grvsaxena419@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Six month major project on Gentoo
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 18:16:19
1 On 12/15/11 01:05 AM, Christian Ruppert wrote:
2 > On Wednesday 14 December 2011 16:36:42 Gaurav Saxena wrote:
3 >> Hello all,
4 >> I am interested in doing my final year computer scence project on gentoo. I
5 >> would be having a duration of six months to work on the project. Could you
6 >> please suggest me some good project ideas that would be helpful to me as
7 >> well as gentoo. I am interested in parallel computing, data structures ,
8 >> operating system. I am well versed in C/C++. I think there might be
9 >> projects which need to be done, I would like to work on them.
10 Not directly gentoo, but certainly would impact all gentoo users -
11 toolchain/compilers/path64
12 There's a number of ways the compiler could be improved for better SIMD
13 vectorization and parallel computing
14 /* I'm biased and work on this project - ping me on irc if you're
15 interested */
16
17 ./C
18