From: "Tiziano Müller" <dev-zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: A few questions to our nominees
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2008 07:46:04
1 Piotr Jaroszy?ski wrote:
2
3 > Hello,
4 >
5 > looks like every nominee wants the council to be more technical so I
6 > have a few technical questions for you:
7 >
8 > 1. GLEP54
9 Doit!
10
11 > 2. GLEP55
12 Good idea. But the GLEP still contains too many "may"'s and "should"'s.
13 Example: "[...] but note that one should never explicitly set both EAPIs to
14 different values. [...]". Define it clearer: "It is not allowed to set both
15 EAPIs.".
16
17 And why don't we change the versioning of the EAPI to a "X.Y" scheme and
18 demand that changes in the minor version must not break sourcing of the
19 ebuild with older package managers and that major versions do.
20 Major version numbers are written in the postfix, while minor version
21 numbers are written in the ebuild itself as EAPI_MINOR="1". So, the current
22 EAPI 1 would then be in fact "0.1".
23
24 Cheers,
25 Tiziano