From: Tobias Klausmann <klausman@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] URGENT: exotic arches need Qt 4.5.3 stabilization
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 17:15:56
1 Hi!
2
3 On Mon, 09 Nov 2009, Ben de Groot wrote:
4 > We especially request ppc64 to be marked as an experimental arch, as it
5 > is the worst one lagging in stabilization. See bug 281821 for a poignant
6 > example, a 3 months open security bug.
7
8 As a side note, don't hesitate to poke me or armin76 if you have
9 the feeling that anything is lagging because alpha isn't quick
10 enough. I try to handle security bugs (i.e. "CC: alpha and (CC:
11 or requestor security@)") first, but in the case of Qt, there
12 were two bugs, one normal stablereq with CC alpha and security
13 bug without arch CCs. Thus, it just wasn't on my radar as needing
14 quick action.
15
16 Regards,
17 Tobias
18
19 PS: I assume the "just poke me gently if you think I'm slow" goes
20 for other arches as far as armin76 is concerned, but I let him
21 speak for himself.
22 --
23 printk("Pretending it's a 3/80, but very afraid...\n");
24 linux-2.6.19/arch/m68k/sun3x/prom.c