From: Ingmar Vanhassel <ingmar@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Retirement
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 20:56:42
1 Hello list,
2
3 As usual with this kind of mails, this has been long overdue, but it's
4 about time that I retire from Gentoo.
5 For a while Gentoo hasn't been going into a direction I like, and to me
6 it doesn't look like that's about to change any time soon. Despite attempts
7 to convince me of the contrary, I'm not sure I see the technical
8 advancements that I'd like happening, in Gentoo. That aside there're
9 numerous non-technical problems behind the scenes, that most devs
10 probably acknowledge by now...
11 There're other projects in the Free-Software world that I currently
12 enjoy putting my time into more, I'm sure it's more than obvious to those
13 of you who know me which...
14
15 So long,
16 Ingmar Vanhassel, ex-Gentoo KDE developer.