From: "Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò" <flameeyes@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] virtual/libintl and virtual/iconv
Date: Fri, 06 May 2005 22:59:22
1 On Saturday 07 May 2005 00:46, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > can you explain why my previous solution of assuming libc provided NLS
3 > capabilities wasnt good enough ?
4 Because they don't. Simple.
5
6 And I don't like the idea of forcing into system gettext and libiconv, as they
7 aren't needed for *all* the software out there, you can still have many
8 packages without using them. I really needed to install them just for glib2
9 initially, and I was having already a few packages installed for example
10 subversion.
11
12 And I'm in ideas of "the least, the better" wrt dependencies.
15 Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò
16 Gentoo Developer (Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, Gentoo/AMD64)
17
18 http://dev.gentoo.org/~flameeyes/