From: "Tiziano Müller" <dev-zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: RFC: Forbid using versions in DESCRIPTION
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 13:25:20
1 Ciaran McCreesh schrieb:
2 > On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 13:44:52 +0200
3 > "Marijn Schouten (hkBst)" <hkBst@g.o> wrote:
4 >> Perhaps we should just move DESCRIPTIONs to metadata. That would make
5 >> it impossible to use ${PV} and more importantly also remove some
6 >> duplication.
7 >
8 > Got to be careful here. In the past it's been stated that Portage won't
9 > use XML for anything that it has to parse.
10
11 Well, if/when DESCRIPTION is moved to metadata, this must be changed.
12 Unless we change the metadata format as well (to yaml for example :-)