From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: Gentoo Development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Cc: qa@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Patch for python.eclass
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 02:10:41
On Sunday, September 19, 2010 21:18:51 Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis
> -evaluated_PYTHONPATH="$(eval echo -n "${PYTHONPATH_template}")" > +eval "evaluated_PYTHONPATH=\"${PYTHONPATH_template}\""
the quotes in the 2nd one are useless. this should work the same: eval evaluated_PYTHONPATH=\"${PYTHONPATH_template}\" while you're in the process of cleaning things up, i know we dont have a rule anywhere in terms of line length, but python.eclass has always struck me as a file with incredibly excessive line length. comparing to other eclasses, it has multiple lines in it longer than any single line in any other eclass. i normally develop in a terminal with 170 cols (which i think is larger than average), so i'm pretty lenient, but even python.eclass exceeds that multiple times if not running close to it. -mike

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Patch for python.eclass Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis <Arfrever@g.o>