From: "Rafael Espíndola" <rafael.espindola@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: xorg's RDEPEND
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 23:51:38
1 On 5/18/05, Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o> wrote:
2 > Let me know once you've tested removing each thing individually, then
3 > run every application in the X distribution in every configuration to
4 > show that there are no dependencies.
5 Thats a lot of work, but I can offer a smaller evidence that flex is not needed:
6
7 epm -ql xorg-x11 | xargs file | grep ELF | cut -f 1 -d : | xargs strings | grep -i flex | grep -v circumflex
8
9 epm -ql xorg-x11 | xargs file | grep ELF | cut -f 1 -d : | xargs grep "flex scanner"
10 Binary file /usr/bin/twm matches
11 Binary file /usr/bin/xgc matches
12 Binary file /usr/bin/pswrap matches
13
14 those programs work after a emerge -C flex
15
16 > I'll be awaiting the bug eagerly.
17 >
18 > Thanks,