From: Kent Fredric <kentnl@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Last Rites: Ancient x11-drivers/*
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2017 07:19:22
1 On Fri, 24 Nov 2017 06:52:59 +0000
2 Richard Bradfield <bradfier@×××××.me> wrote:
3
4 > I guess I should put my hand up and admit to being "the one user" for
5 > this driver. I've got an ancient netbook with an Intel GMA3600, for
6 > which there is no accelerated Xorg driver, which means I'm stuck with
7 > xf86-video-modesetting.
8 >
9 > Obviously not asking you to keep putting in effort just for me, so what
10 > are my next steps if this package is masked and I later need to update?
11
12 I believe this driver now comes with xorg-server regardless, and so to
13 use xorg-server-1.19.5, you just have to remove the legacy split
14 modesetting drivers first.
15
16 xorg-server-1.19.5:
17
18 RDEPEND="${CDEPEND}
19 selinux? ( sec-policy/selinux-xserver )
20 !x11-drivers/xf86-video-modesetting
21 "
24 qlist xorg-server | grep -i modeset
25
26 /usr/lib64/xorg/modules/drivers/modesetting_drv.so
27 /usr/share/man/man4/modesetting.4.bz2