From: Milos Negovanovic <milosn@××××××××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Linux freezes when compiling kdelibs
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 03:05:32
1 On Tue, 16 Apr 2002 18:24:27 +1100 (SST)
2 "Thomas L. Bevan" <tom@×××××××××.au> wrote:
5 > Hi,
6 >
7 > I've been trying to install Gentoo for a couple of days now.
8 > All seems to go nicely and I get the system up and running but
9 > when I go to install KDE via
10 > emerge kde
11 > the machine freezes up when it gets to compiling kdelibs.
12 >
13 > This is no a problem with your distribution but I was hoping you might
14 > have some suggestions as to a remedy.
15 > I'm running a 1 GHz Celeron (Coppermine) chip with 256 meg ram.
16 >
17 > Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. So far I've only tried the
18 > stage three installation.
19 >
20 > Yours
21 >