From: Steven J Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: The fallacies of GLEP55
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 19:13:33
1 Robert R. Russell wrote:
2
3 <snip>
4 > If I understand the problem GLEP 55 is trying to solve correctly, it stems
5 > from portage's assumption that an unknown EAPI is equal to EAPI 0.
6
7 No, portage will reject an ebuild with an unknown EAPI, as per the spec.
8 (This is important for shared overlays.) Search for:
9 def eapi_is_supported
10 ..in pym/portage/__init__.py for the impl, and you can see usage of it in
11 pym/_emerge/__init__.py, if you want to confirm this (or are just
12 interested in the code;)
13
14 http://sources.gentoo.org/viewcvs.py/portage/main/trunk/
15 (has instructions for anonymous download, should anyone be interested in
16 following portage development, or perhaps contributing at some stage.)
19 #friendly-coders -- We're friendly but we're not /that/ friendly ;-)