From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 39 compliance
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 12:29:23
1 "A project exists if it has a web page at www.g.o/proj/en/whatever that
2 is maintained. ("Maintained" means that the information on the page is
3 factually correct and not out-of-date.) If the webpage isn't maintained,
4 it is presumed dead."
5
6 I'm not trying to pick on any projects. Some pages are out of date but
7 look ok ( like catalyst! Thats an old page! but i know you are writing
8 2.0 docs soon ;)). I'm used my own descretion in picking out projects
9 (including projects for which I am a member). Very few are dead, mostly
10 just listing retired devs as active.
11
12 Gentoo/MIPS, your project page needs updates (last updated 2005, by the
13 looks of things). Your page also lists retired developers (Ciaran).[1]
14
15 Gentoo/PPC64, you also need to update your website (last updated 2005)[2]
16
17 Gentoo/Sparc, some of your developers were retired (todd,cjr)[3]
18
19 Eselect, your project pages lists retired developers (Ciaran).[4]
20
21 GLEP - I actually e-mailed Grant a bunch of updates and I'm waiting for
22 those to get done ;)
23
24 Portage/Sandbox - I say we just remove this, afaik no development has
25 happened in a long time.[5]
26
27 Installer - I know you guys have news, post some tidbits ;)[6]
28
29 kernel/security - Your page is bare, and lists brix as a member, he
30 resigned months ago. Unless you feel this page is useful to some
31 people, I'm not sure what good it does.[7]
32
33 Gentoo/Status - Oh the irony ;) many of the projects listed never
34 updated their webpages, hopefully this mail will encourage some, lest I
35 just cvs rm -f their project pages for lack of updates ;) no updates
36 for 4 months.[8]
37
38 Gentoo/QA - You have no lead, and your pages list retired developers
39 (Halcy0n).[9]
40
41 [1] http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/mips/index.xml
42 [2] http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/ppc64/index.xml