From: "jg.vander.schaaf" <jg.vander.schaaf@×××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Compiling The nvidia accelerated driver for XFree86
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 07:26:32
1 First of all guys a very good job.
2 I realy like the distribution you provide.
3
4 I ran into a little problem when i followed your desktop guide.
5 Its is mentioned quit well that you can download and install the NVIDIA
6 accelerated
7 driver from your site.
8 However trying to compile it I got a message about an unresolved reference
9 _mmx_cpy
10 I was able to find out the reason.
11 I run a kernel optimised for the Amd Athlon porcessor which has no mmx
12 functions.
13 ( the Proscessor type in the kernel configuration was set to Athlon)
14 I had to recompile the kernel as if I had a regular pentium III to resolve the
15 problem.
16 It might be worth mentioning this in the desktop guide.
17 Other might run into the same problems.
18
19 Regards
20 Hans van der Schaaf
21 Netherlands.