From: Alexandre Buisse <nattfodd@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: text-markup@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Split of the text-markup herd (sgml/tex)
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2006 00:48:52
Hi,

the text-markup herd currently manages two very different types of
packages: those sgml/docbook related and those TeX related. This is a
problem, since many members of the herd (me included) know only one of
those two fields.

That's why I propose to split the text-markup herd into two new herds :
sgml and tex (if you can think of better names, feel free to propose
them).

I discussed it already with leonardop, who is mainly dealing with sgml
stuff, and he thinks this is a good idea. This should help people
finding out the good person to help with an issue and reduce noise.

I don't know if such things have been done before, but I think that what
needs to be done is a massive change in all metadata.xml, a reassignment
of open issues in bugzilla and a change of aliases. We can perhaps keep
the text-markup@g.o email address for some time, just in case.

Thoughts, comments, objections?

/Alexandre
--
Hi, I'm a .signature virus! Please copy me in your ~/.signature.