From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: useflag policies
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2015 13:07:21
1 Michael Palimaka wrote:
2 > On 03/08/15 07:14, NP-Hardass wrote:
3 >> ^^ has the pleasant side effect of being easier to read, as a user. The
4 >> user receives a message saying "at-most-one-of" instead of some
5 >> convoluted other expression that they don't understand.
6 >>
7 >> I am all for the use of ^^ add the default for this reason.
8 > This introduces a usability nightmare for anyone with both qt4 and qt5
9 > in their global USE flags (a common configuration).
15 As a Gentoo user. This is what I have set and what I hope to get
16 because of the settings. I have both qt4 and qt5 set in make.conf for
17 my USE flags. I expect qt5 for whatever packages can work with qt5 and
18 qt4 for whatever isn't ready for qt5 but requires qt. If for some
19 reason a package isn't quite ready for qt5 and won't function correctly
20 for me, I can always set that in package.use until it is. My current
21 entries for this:
22
23 media-libs/phonon-vlc qt5
24 media-video/mkvtoolnix -qt5
25
26 I don't have notes on that so not sure what was ran into to require
27 those. I may comment those out and give them another try.
28
29 Point of this post, provide a little user info about expectations and
30 settings. Y'all sort out the best way forward and let us know if we
31 need to change something. :-)
32
33 Dale
34