From: Denis Dupeyron <calchan@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Getting rid of lurking no* USE flags - profile-based package.use
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 18:40:29
1 On 10/10/07, Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o> wrote:
2 > Eventually I'd like to add an option that
3 > behaves similar to --resume but also recalculates dependencies.
4
5 Why not make that the default ? That would be safer IMO.
6
7 Plus, once we have this, it looks to me that nobody has to wait for
8 EAPI=1 in order to use whatever portage feature that's needed by an
9 ebuild. So we can all stop complaining about not having EAPI=1 in the
10 form we wanted or at all, and get back to writing ebuilds.
11
12 Denis.
13 --
14 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list