From: Andrey Grozin <grozin@×××××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] musl, sbcl, and ros
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2022 08:48:15
1 On Fri, 2 Dec 2022, Sam James wrote:
2 > If the dependencies are optional (at least for some), we should indeed (package.)use.mask sbcl on musl to reduce the damage,
3 > then package.mask the remaining unconditional reverse dependencies.
4 But I cannot do these this myself. I use neither musl nor ros. I suppose
5 ros developers should update their ebuilds to conditionalize as many uses
6 of sbcl as possible. It would be good to call this USE flag "sbcl". 2
7 packages (sci-mathematics/maxima and sci-mathematics/fricas) already use
8 this name, and I have included it in profiles/features/musl/use.mask.
9
10 Thanks,
11 Andrey