From: Sam James <sam@×××××.info>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Cleaning up the installation handbook (Legacy boot / MBR / ...)
Date: Wed, 06 May 2020 15:09:23
1 > On 2 May 2020, at 21:30, Andreas K. Hüttel <dilfridge@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > Hey all,
4 >
5 > our installation handbook is right now something of a mess (in particular
6 > regarding partitioning, bootloader, gpt/uefi, ...)
7 >
8 > I'm hereby volunteering to clean things up. But - I'll go the brutal way:
9 >
10 > * Legacy boot and MBR will get kicked out. *
13 My preference would be to have a “preferred stream” detailed on the page, and some links to the old content for users on legacy.
14 The old content could be moved as-is, just not deleted.
15
16 Some people have modernish systems but cannot choose non-legacy due to vendors.
17
18 Sam