From: Mart Raudsepp <leio@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] lame use flag, local to global
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 07:54:15
1 On T, 2007-10-09 at 21:03 -0600, Steve Dibb wrote:
2 > The little lame use flag has started showing up more in local use flags,
3 > and all for the same purpose, MP3 support using LAME libraries. I vote
4 > we move it into a global use flag. Any objections, let me know.
5 >
6 > $ quse -D lame
7 > local:lame:media-libs/libquicktime: Support LAME mp3 encoding
8 > local:lame:media-libs/mlt: Support LAME mp3 encoding
9 > local:lame:media-sound/abcde: Support LAME mp3 encoding
10 > local:lame:media-sound/gnusound: Enable lame support
11 > local:lame:media-video/mpeg4ip: Support LAME mp3 encoding in the
12 > server/mp4live
13
14 Any reason to not use something like mp3enc flag instead at that point?
15 mp3 USE flag is already global, and appears to mean mp3 decoding, so how
16 about a general mp3 encoding USE flag? I guess merging decoding and
17 encoding behind the same USE flag might be an option too.
21 Mart Raudsepp
22 Gentoo Developer
23 Mail: leio@g.o
24 Weblog: http://planet.gentoo.org/developers/leio