From: "Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò" <flameeyes@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Last rites for quicktime4linux
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 10:05:01
1 Also if Luca said 25 days at 15 october, I'd like to push for a quicker death
2 to quicktime4linux.
3
4 1.x version is unmainatined and had its bug, 2.0 had quite a bit of screwups
5 (was marked ~sparc, but required nasm!), it can be built only on Linux x86
6 and Linux AMD64 (and I don't trust the code enough to say it *works* on
7 AMD64), and 2.1 version has a 30MB tarball because upstream forgot to
8 remove .svn files...
9
10 I'll mask it and plan to remove it in one week. The default virtual/quicktime
11 provider is anyway libquicktime, that seems also more reliable.
14 Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò - http://dev.gentoo.org/~flameeyes/
15 Gentoo/ALT lead, Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, AMD64, Sound, PAM, KDE