From: Philip Webb <purslow@×××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] IBM article of interest ?
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 15:20:17
1 080717 Jeremy Olexa wrote:
2 > Philip Webb wrote:
3 >> [2] http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-awk1.html
4 >> '03 Jul 2008' has been added since I sent my comment to them yesterday !
5 >> However, the incorrect URL for Gentoo Technologies -- www.gentoo.org --
6 >> is still there, probably because I didn't mention it in my comment,
7 >> so I'll try sending them another.
8 > I don't know all the details or the 'proper' way to handle
9 > what you are doing. But I wanted to say thanks for spending time on this.
10
11 Thanks (big smile) ! It's good to have a bit of encouragement.
12
13 There's really no more to say here: my initial message was about IBM
14 & I reacted as might any casual reader of their page,
15 wondering why they were including 8-year-old information re its author.
16 I did not remember that it was also included in Gentoo docs, but now do.
17
18 It's clear to me by now that Gentoo does the correct & sensible thing:
19 reproduce the original as it was in 2000 with a prominent disclaimer.
20 It's IBM which is not doing that & needs prodding: I've sent another comment.
24 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb : purslow@××××××××××××××.ca
25 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Centre for Urban & Community Studies
26 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' University of Toronto
27 --
28 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list