From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Proposing fundamental changes to DevRel
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 15:42:17
1 On 06/17/2010 11:29 PM, Sebastian Pipping wrote:
2 > Petteri,
5 > On 06/17/10 17:45, Petteri Räty wrote:
6 >> We communicate in English but that doesn't mean we all the same cultural
7 >> background. My native language doesn't do small talk and doesn't have a
8 >> word for please. Of course when writing English I try use please when
9 >> required by the other party but sugar coating wouldn't have changed what
10 >> I wanted to communicate with my message.
11 >
12 > the point of this thread is not the introduction of "sugar coating"
13 > (pretending to be nice in my words) as you call it. To me it's about
14 > turning Gentoo into a friendly and helpful community. (So it's actually
15 > not just about tone but the things coming before the tone, too.)