From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] My masterplan for git migration (+ looking for infra to test it)
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 20:45:27
1 Dnia 2014-09-16, o godz. 19:05:18
2 Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o> napisał(a):
3
4 > On 14/09/14 16:46, Michał Górny wrote:
5 > > Of course, if we can't spare the resources to do intermediate updates,
6 > > we may as well switch to cron-based update method.
7 >
8 > The mirror have a sync time, so basically regenerating the cache and
9 > pushing the tree with further toward the user can happen the same way
10 > w/out impacting anybody.
11 >
12 > We could just snapshot the tree when the regen starts and push that
13 > commit to the user git and rsync.
14 >
15 > People is still supposed to play nice and sync not every minute.
16
17 People don't have to sync. They will pull, and pulling often doesn't
18 really hurt servers like rsync does.
19
20 Of course, I'm considering the users switching to git there. However,
21 I don't think limitations of rsync should impact them.
24 Best regards,
25 Michał Górny