From: Marek Szuba <marecki@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Changing the order of ICD loaders in virtual/opencl
Date: Fri, 14 May 2021 14:53:53
1 Dear all,
2
3 Seeing as it has been around year since we added
4 dev-libs/opencl-icd-loader to the tree, I wonder whether it would
5 perhaps make sense to make it, rather than dev-libs/ocl-icd, the
6 preferred OpenCL ICD loader for new installations.
7
8 Advantages (that I can see) of opencl-icd-loader:
9 - official OpenCL ICD loader of the Khronos Group
10 - as a consequence of the above, is kept in good sync with official
11 Khronos Group OpenCL headers (dev-util/opencl-headers)
12 - pure C with a fairly minimal set of dependencies, in particular does
13 not does not bdepend on Ruby
14
15 Advantages (that I can see) of ocl-icd:
16 - has been around for longer
17
18 WDYT?
19
20 PS. Thank you ionen for reminding me of this.
23 Marecki