From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Managing etc/* in an embbeded system
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 12:31:05
1 Joakim Tjernlund <joakim.tjernlund@×××××××××.se> napisał:
2
3 >We got an embedded gentoo system where we need to manage many conf
4 >files under /etc that we have
5 >modified and should be under our control when an SW upgrade is
6 >performed.
7 >
8 >Cloning every ebuild where we have modified its conf file(s) under /etc
9 >feels awkward so
10 >I am looking for some other way to do this automatically during SW
11 >upgrade and I figured
12 >this can not be an unique problem for us, so I wonder how other people
13 >have solved this problem?
14 >Our customers will not use emerge directly and we will provide binary
15 >pkgs.
16 >
17 >Any ideas welcome :)
18 >
19 > Jocke
20
21 Maybe post-phase hooks would help you. Not around a PC right now but I think they're described in portage.5. Long story short, you create per-package env files in /etc/portage/env (you can pin them generically or to a specific version, or package spec via package.env) and declare post_src_install() where you add your custom config files atop the package.
24 Michał Górny