From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Last Rites: net-misc/bird
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 16:32:05
1 Tony Vroon kirjoitti:
2 > BIRD is a routing daemon, like Quagga & Zebra. It was planned for a
3 > deployment here at work, but required features were found to be missing.
4 > As such, nothing came of it.
5 >
6 > Unfortunately this isn't usable to me, and likely not usable to anyone
7 > else. As such, I would like to remove it from the tree. If you are a
8 > developer and want to maintain this package, please step up now and
9 > modify metadata.xml
10 >
11 > Should no maintainer step up, this package will be removed from the tree
12 > in 14 days.
15 What's wrong with the usual package.mask and a month? There doesn't seem
16 to be security issues etc warranting a speedup.
17
18 Regards,
19 Petteri