From: Mart Raudsepp <leio@g.o>
To: gentoo devs <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] How to speed up maintenance and other Gentoo work?
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2009 02:01:37
1 Hello,
2
3 I'm collecting ideas from the wider development and contributing
4 community on how to help maintainers and contributors get work done
5 quicker, or rephrased - how to get more done in the limited time we
6 have.
7
8 This basically means ideas for tools, scripts, or functionality in some
9 hypothetical centralized maintainer helper website or GUI/CLI program
10 that would help save time in taking care of some of the gruntwork that
11 gets done by maintainers right now manually or by scripts that don't get
12 shared and re-used and generalized as much as they could.
13
14 Then afterwards I can sort through the suggestions/ideas, try to make a
15 summary and arrange some of them to actually happen.
16
17 If things get done quicker, there is theoretically more available time,
18 which hopefully would translate into being able to bring us back to the
19 bleeding edge in one hand, and high quality in another.
20
21 I have intentionally left out my own ideas at start to keep everyone's
22 mind open to various approaches to this.
25 Please share your thoughts and ideas as a reply here, on my matching
26 blog post as comments or via private e-mail!
29 Mart Raudsepp
30 Gentoo Developer
31 Mail: leio@g.o
32 Weblog: http://planet.gentoo.org/developers/leio