From: Jeroen Roovers <jer@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: RFC Bugzilla interaction guide for devs & editbugs users
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 13:43:45
1 On Sat, 11 Sep 2010 07:17:01 +0000 (UTC)
2 Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net> wrote:
3
4 > Jeroen Roovers posted on Fri, 10 Sep 2010 18:32:38 +0200 as excerpted:
5 >
6 > > If the reason you propose this is visibility, then maybe we should
7 > > make the quicksearch option include more than just open bugs. I've
8 > > thought about having UPSTREAM/DUPLICATE/INVALID added so that
9 > > bugzilla users can more easily discover whether a bug was already
10 > > reported and was deemed fixed, a duplicate of another bug or
11 > > canonically invalid.
12 >
13 > I've wondered why quick-search didn't do ALL by default, myself.
14
15 Because it's never just right. We'd get even more people reopening bug
16 reports that were RESOLVED/FIXED years ago just because there's a
17 similarity in package/problem. Also, because you'd easily see a couple
18 of thousands of results listed. Just think of all the bugs filed with a
19 Summary of "fails to compile" or "emake failed" instead of something
20 specific, accurate, unique. Which is why we should all make an effort
21 to move away from the "firefox crashed" type of Summary, but that's an
22 never-ending battle as well.
25 jer