From: Christian Gut <cycloon@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] consistent Gentoo tool names
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 20:05:03
1 On Tue, 16 Mar 2004, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2
3 > Finally, I was pondering a gentoo-* prefix on all of these, to ensure an
4 > even more consistent and easily findable set of tools. That way,
5 > `gentoo-<tab><tab>` would find every Gentoo tool.
6
7 while reading your mail, thats exactly what came to my mind. Perhaps
8 gen- prefix to make it shorter?
9
10 This would additionally prevents confusion if any upstream tool names
11 config-*.
12
13 I think if you make a "gentoo standard" make it right and prevent any
14 confusion.
17 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list