From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Having a seperate package for libiptc
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 00:24:27
1 On Sat, Oct 25, 2008 at 12:52:40AM +0200, Bjarke Istrup Pedersen wrote:
2 > What do you think - Should I add this library ebuild to the tree, or
3 > should I just give up getting miniupnpd added to the tree, since there
4 > is no alternative to using libiptc?
5 > I already have an ebuild for it that compiles iptables, and just
6 > installs the headers and library files, and my local tests shows that it
7 > works fine here.
8 Unless vapier has a strong reason not to include libiptc, you should
9 rather just modify the main iptables ebuild to install the library
10 again.
11
12 Adding a separate variant of the package just for the library is a sure
13 way to cause missed security patches and bugfixes later on (see shades
14 of xpdf).
17 Robin Hugh Johnson
18 Gentoo Linux Developer & Infra Guy
19 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
20 GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85