From: Steve Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: File collisions
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 11:12:56
1 Ioannis Aslanidis wrote:
2 > On 4/19/07, Steve Long wrote:
3 >> On the issue of QA, I think enabling FEATURES="collision-detect" by
4 >> default would do a lot more good at this stage than "test". There are
5 >> several packages I have come across where this has picked up files not
6 >> being removed from earlier versions. It's a reasonable default to have
7 >> and doesn't involve delaying users since it takes a fraction of a second
8 >> to carry out. What I'd propose is that portage runs the collision-detect
9 >> and reports it, but continues the installation in the same manner as now.
10 >>
11 >> This could tie into an automated report at a later stage.
12 >
13 > Do you mean to report a 'QA notice' instead of halting the merge?
14 > Well, actually halting the merge is a required feature, so maybe the
15 > QA notice should be added always straightway, not bound to the
16 > FEATURE.
17 >
18 Yes, that's what I meant, sorry for being unclear. The collision-detect
19 should run by default, and report a QA error, only halting if the FEATURE
20 is set.
23 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list