From: "Johannes Ballé" <joba123@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Ebuild programming question
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 07:52:22
1 Am Wednesday 20 November 2002 02:15 schrieb Michael Cummings:
2 > Check the configure script that comes with the program (assuming there
3 > is one :) ). Usually, you can do something like (not perfect syntax,
4
5 This particular package seems to have almost no configure options (I already
6 checked that). I was asking merely because I wanted to know whether the user
7 should get the chance to say "yes, I have gtk installed but I don't want
8 those tools anyway" ...
9
10 Using auto-configuration, the USE option would have no influence on building
11 the tools or not, but only on pulling in gtk as a dependency (as far as I
12 understand).
13
14 This is probably more a question of policy. (Although I'm not sure if the
15 method I mentioned might have the potential to even break things ... ?)
18 Johannes Ballé <joba123@×××××.de>
22 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list