From: 320095285153-0001@t-online.de (Achim Gottinger)
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] sys-build
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2001 13:56:48
1 Andreas Schweitzer wrote:
2
3 > > > And it will be overwritten ?
4 > >
5 > > Yes because build.tbz2 contains reduced to a minimum required and statically
6 > > linked versions of packages .
7 >
8 > OK - I got it ! :-)
9 > Sounds right.
10 >
11 > > > Alternatively, include wget and rsync, and the sources can
12 > > > be grabbed from the net (if somebody wants to get them from there).
13 > >
14 > > wget is on the boot-cd image, rsync not yes. All the required binaries and all
15 > > kernel-network/nfs modules to
16 > > set-up a network enviroment are on the bootcd-image. So it should not be to
17 > > difficult to add that option too.
18 >
19 > I'm just thinking of people like me, who don't have a CD burner, but
20 > instead a fast internet connection. So I prefer to do network
21 > installs. Then I only need to download something like
22 > (generally speaking) boot floppies and some sort of images.
23 > In this case I would think build.tbz2
26 Hmm, for this case we need a soultion that mounts the cd-boot-image from another
27 partition or via nfs/dhcp instead of the cd because it requires around 16MB at the
28 moment.
29
30 achim~
33 > Cheers
34 > Andreas
35 >
36 > --
37 > Department of Physics & Astronomy and Center for Simulational Physics
38 > University of Georgia Phone ++1 (706) 542 5043
39 > Athens, GA 30602-2451 Fax ++1 (706) 542 2492
40 > USA http://dilbert.physast.uga.edu/~andy/
43 > gentoo-dev mailing list
44 > gentoo-dev@g.o