From: Sebastian Werner <sebastian@××××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: AW: [gentoo-dev] Secure Gentoo - What do you think?
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2002 01:19:44
1 I read his page. It's seems to add string-overflow protections,
2 grsecurity kernel-patch and some other things.... Look at his page
3 (www.suxos.org) I think he will merge his technologies with gentoo.
4 Really cool idea!
5
6 Sebastian
7
8 -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
9 Von: gentoo-dev-admin@g.o [mailto:gentoo-dev-admin@g.o] Im
10 Auftrag von Jano Lukac
11 Gesendet: Dienstag, 8. Januar 2002 01:33
12 An: gentoo-dev@g.o
13 Betreff: Re: [gentoo-dev] Secure Gentoo - What do you think?
14
15 Joachim Blaabjerg said:
16 > Hi people,
17
18 > Recently, I asked mr. Robbins if I could use Portage in SuxOS, and we
19 > concluded with that a collaborative effort would be for the best. I've
20 > decided that I would really like to make a Portage "system profile"
21 for
22 > SuxOS, as mr. Robbins suggested, and work with the Gentoo distribution
23 > (mainly Portage) as a base for SuxOS, effectively creating a security
24 > centralized version of Gentoo.
25
26 When you write about creating a secure profile, what exactly do you have
27 in
28 mind? e.g. package mask all insecure setups, or different pam
29 configuration files, changing default init-scripts or preventing wrong
30 programs from running, maybe kernel level options, etc etc. ??
34 gentoo-dev mailing list
35 gentoo-dev@g.o