From: Aron Griffis <agriffis@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] overlay support current proposal?
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 20:01:38
1 Grant Goodyear wrote: [Fri Mar 24 2006, 02:35:34PM EST]
2 > After reading through that fairly lengthy thread, I'm afraid that I can
3 > no longer tell exactly what is being proposed. Who has read access?
4 > Who has write access? Bugs are handled where, and by whom? Are we
5 > considering a fairly tightly controlled system, or a wild free-for-all?
6 > Exactly which problem are we proposing to solve here?
7 >
8 > If someone could succinctly summarize the current schools of thought,
9 > I'd be quite indebted.
10
11 I'll chime in, but with an additional request rather than a response.
12 Stuart said something about this not needing a GLEP, and maybe it
13 doesn't, but personally I'd rather see it go that route. Writing
14 a GLEP formalizes the answers to these questions and helps to put us
15 all on the same page.
16
17 Aron