From: Maciej Mrozowski <reavertm@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] What the hell is going on here?
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 11:06:54
1 On Friday 17 of September 2010 12:41:51 Angelo Arrifano wrote:
2 > Every single QA commit review coming into my Inbox during the past week
3 > was directed to arfrever. I *know* he is on probation, I *know* he made
4 > mistakes - in fact every one makes mistakes. But you guys are hammering
5 > all over him for picky stuff.
6 >
7 > Remind you that while it is a pleasure to be member of Gentoo, we are
8 > not your slaves; we chose to spend our free time contributing to Gentoo
9 > for several reasons - fun, knowledge and team work. Satisfying somebody
10 > else's flavors and wishes is certainly *not* one of them.
11 >
12 > I never had the chance to talk with arfrever, nor I ever looked to his
13 > work at Gentoo. But there is one thing I definitely got right, he has a
14 > lot of motivation to continue in Gentoo and *offer* his time and
15 > knowledge, otherwise he would just raise the middle finger and go away
16 > after all of this bashing.
17
18 The other important thing is such "lecturing" should probably take place in
19 private, like gentoo-core.
22 regards
23 MM