From: Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] debug USE flag misuse
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2010 05:18:38
On Wed, 30 Jun 2010 23:25:32 +0000
Jeremy Olexa <darkside@g.o> wrote:

> What is the consensus on if the metadata.xml specifies that it will add > CFLAGS? Surely it is not as black/white as the global suggests..? > > local:debug:app-portage/eix: Build with CXXFLAGS/LDFLAGS for debugging > support; not recommended for normal use.
USE flags should not affect CFLAGS unless there is a very good reason. This isn't a very good reason (same goes for its optimization and strong-optimization flags). I have a half-done compiler flag policy thingy i keep meaning to finish and post for public thrashing. -- fonts, gcc-porting, and it's all by design toolchain, wxwidgets to keep us from losing our minds @ EFFD 380E 047A 4B51 D2BD C64F 8AA8 8346 F9A4 0662