From: "Jared H. Hudson" <jhhudso@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] AMD 760MPX Chipset under linux
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 03:20:24
1 Does anyone know of a patch to support the AMD 760MPX chipset (AMD 762
2 chipset & AMD 768 pci set) under the linux kernel?
3
4 I compiled in the AMD Viper IDE chipset into the kernel, which worked
5 with the AMD 760MP chipset, apparently doesn't include support for the
6 MPX chipset though.
7
8 Currently, I have to pass noapci to the kernel to boot (although the
9 kernel does not have APCI compilied in), also I have to set the bios to
10 non-plug and play OS, and have to set hdparm -d1 /dev/hda manually since
11 the kernel doesn't recognize the chipset.
12
13 I've had it lock up once (using NVIDIA drivers), so I've passed the
14 mem=nopentium option (still using the 2.4.16 kernel) so hopefully the
15 lockup was just related to what Mr. Robbins was mentioning earlier.
16
17 -Jared H.

smime.p7s application/x-pkcs7-signature