From: "Toralf Förster" <toralf@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Removing SHA512 hash from Manifests
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2021 09:35:16
1 On 7/24/21 5:16 PM, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > Back during the 2017 discussion, Infra came to the conclusion that we're
3 > going to keep SHA512 for a transition period, then remove it, and stay
4 > with a single hash algorithm.
5
6 I'm just curious if Infra in 2021 still wants only 1 hash algo?
7
8 >In my opinion, we have kept it long enough.
9
10 Indeed, if nothing changed Infras opinion, then it is time to kick if off.
13 Toralf
14 PGP 23217DA7 9B888F45

OpenPGP_signature.asc application/pgp-signature