From: Sven Vermeulen <sven.vermeulen@××××××.be>
To: Gentoo Developer <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] /etc/make.profile whats that ?
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 09:59:10
1 On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 10:30:12AM +0100, Ingo Krabbe wrote:
2 > Hmm while dependancy hacking with ACCEPT_KEYWORDS flag I stumbled over
3 > /etc/make.profile . Would anybody remind me where it comes from. It
4 > isn't contained in any packges CONTENTS nor can I find any documentation
5 > about it
6 >
7 > BUT: it seems to overwrite some flags I would like to set in make.conf,
8 > like ACCEPT_KEYWORDS ... etc
9
10 From the Gentoo FAQ:
11
12 What happened to /etc/make.defaults?
13
14 As of Portage 1.5 onwards, /etc/make.defaults is antiquated; if you have
15 portage-1.5-r1 or above installed then you can safely delete it. This file
16 has been replaced by /etc/make.profile/make.defaults (/etc/make.profile
17 should actually be a symlink to, /usr/portage/profiles/default), which
18 contains system profile-specific default settings. The priority order of the
19 various configuration files is as follows (highest first):
20
21 1. Environment variables
22 2. /etc/make.conf, for your use
23 3. /etc/make.profile/make.defaults, for profile-specific defaults
24 4. /etc/make.globals, for global defaults (settings not specified in any
25 other place come from here)
26
27 Wkr,
28 Sven Vermeulen
31 Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity.