From: Ruud Koolen <redlizard@g.o>
To: gentoo development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: revisiting our stabilization policy
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 19:13:41
1 On Tuesday 14 January 2014 22:37:19 William Hubbs wrote:
2 > I think we need a global policy that either helps keep the stable tree
3 > up to date or reverts an architecture to ~ over time if the arch team
4 > can't keep up.
5
6 As a compromise solution for minor archs, it would be nice if there were a
7 portage feature allowing me to ACCEPT_KEYWORDS those packages that are
8 keyworded both ~arch, and stable on some major arch. For example, on m68k, it
9 would select packages that are keyworded ~m68k && amd64, or ~m68k && x86,
10 etc. This would allow me to run m68k "kinda stable".
11
12 [Speculation as to applying a similar system more broadly witheld.]
13
14 -- Ruud