From: Alastair Tse <liquidx@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] common ebuild mistakes
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 01:30:45
1 Hi,
2
3 I've written up a list of common mistakes that users make when
4 submitting ebuilds to us for inclusion. This stems from the discussion
5 earlier on the list about the quality of user-submitted ebuilds.
6
7 http://cvs.gentoo.org/~liquidx/ebuildmistakes.html
8
9 The document is based solely on my point of view and the ebuilds that
10 are submitted to areas that I help maintain. If you are planning to
11 submit an ebuild (or already have), please review the points in this
12 document and make sure are not committing any of those mistakes.
13
14 If this proves to be useful, I will talk to the docs team about making
15 some effort for an official ebuild submission QA checklist (or something
16 along those lines.) To be honest, a lot of the points are already
17 covered in the Ebuild HOWTO and Development policy.
18
19 Cheers,
22 Alastair 'liquidx' Tse
23 >> Gentoo Developer
24 >> http://www.liquidx.net/ | http://cvs.gentoo.org/~liquidx/
25 >> GPG Key : http://cvs.gentoo.org/~liquidx/liquidx_gentoo_org.asc
26 >> FingerPrint : 579A 9B0E 43E8 0E40 EE93 BB1C 38CE 1C7B 3907 14F6