From: Christian Birchinger <joker@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] coreutils patch for 'ls -l' of GB files
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 13:43:19
1 On Sat, Apr 24, 2004 at 11:50:06AM -0400, Jason Cooper wrote:
2 > I've been doing a lot of work with multi-GB files, and I use the command
3 > 'watch -n 3 ls -lR workdir/' while my script is ripping the dvd. I do
4 > _not_ want human-readable output, eg 'ls -lh' because the files are
5 > different scales, some bytes, some kb, some gb, etc.
6
7 You could use "ls -lk" to make it display everything in
8 kilobytes (same scale for everything).
11 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list