From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Delay in approval of new developers
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 15:11:34
1 Peter wrote:
2 > On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 10:13:23 -0400, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
3 >
4 >> I just want to prefix this by saying that I was simply going to ignore
5 >> your posts in this thread completely due to your obviously inflammatory
6 >> nature at the beginning. Now that you're posting actual constructive
7 >> criticisms, I'd like to respond. By the way, thank you for changing
8 >> your tone to something more productive.
11 > Bunk! Unnecessary to write. Why not just plonk me and be done with it.
12 > Nothing I wrote was inflammatory at all. My criticism of the recruitment
13 > process stand. Your response was welcome. The prefix was condescending and
14 > offensive.
15 >
16 > You, as leaders, have to really think through what your intentions are and
17 > how you are going to deal with people and factions with various
18 > objectives. Telling people they are obviously inflammatory is really not a
19 > strong way to begin.
20
21 I believe you just proved his point.
24 Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
25 Gentoo Linux Developer Installer Project
26 Today's lesson in political correctness: "Go asphyxiate on a phallus"
27 --
28 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list