From: Peter Volkov <pva@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] public system of ratings
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 12:01:17
1 Oleg, please, do not top post.
2
3 В Сбт, 16/02/2008 в 15:16 +0600, Oleg Puchinin пишет:
4 > One hundred programmers which only also do that dig in mountain "bugs"
5 > a kind " new package ", it, in my opinion, how to use a steam hammer
6 > to crack nuts. Can it is necessary to make the processes occuring in
7 > Gentoo by more public?
8
9 It's hard to understand what you suggested here. But I think that the
10 answer is: even if "new package" compiles and works on 10^{any number
11 here} systems, without maintainer it will not go in the tree and public
12 testing does not help to resolve "new package" bugs. OTOH I already
13 wrote you in gentoo-ru 2 possibilities how you can get your package in
14 the tree and mentioned sunrise overlay...
17 Peter.