From: RCG1WIN <rcg1win@××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Install ??
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2001 10:23:45
1 Mr. Robbins,
2 It appears you have an excellent distribution and new maintenance tool for Linux but I've not been able to see anything but the install process.
3 ...I've tried the build twice, first time I didn't enable the correct options for reiserfs so the root wouldn't mount. The second attempt stopped with an attempt to emerge the db tar file into .../proz instead of ../proc I'm guessing.
4 I decided to try the R5 install but only to find that the instructions don't work....emerge --usepkg system results in an error --- /mnt/gentoo/etc/make.profile/packages does not exist. "system" mode unavailable --- haven't been able to find an updated install doc for R5.
5 Any updated doc for R5 install? Will R6 remain an online install or will you produce an ISO image of binaries?
6 Thanks.
7 Roy Gehrke