From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: bootstrapping since gcc 3.4 is stable
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 00:22:33
1 On Thursday 26 January 2006 14:08, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > On Thursday 26 January 2006 14:00, MIkey wrote:
3 > > /var/lib/portage/world should only contain the names of packages you
4 > > explicitly emerge (without --oneshot). As far as I know an official
5 > > stage3 tarball should only contain packages installed as a result of a
6 > > system emerge, which should never enter them into the world file.
7 >
8 > they're probably recorded since tools like bootstrap.sh do not utilize
9 > --oneshot
10
11 we've tweaked bootstrap.sh to use --oneshot now
12 -mike
13 --
14 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list