From: Christophe Vanfleteren <gentoo@×××××××.be>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] gcc 3.1
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 15:23:30
1 On Wednesday 22 May 2002 21:24, Alex Walker wrote:
2 > On Wed, May 22, 2002 at 02:19:39PM -0500, Matthew Kennedy wrote:
3 > > On Wed, 2002-05-22 at 13:55, MadCoder wrote:
4 > > > QT doesn't work. I got a broken piep I think.
5 > > > and xfree won't compile either.
6 > >
7 > > Cool. Keep posting stuff like that. I think the xfree problem is known
8 > > issue. Not sure about qt.
9 >
10 > The QT error (at least mine) refers to undefined references is
11 > /usr/X11R6/lib/libGLU.so, which is part of xfree, so I was figuring
12 > recompiling xfree would help... but since it doesn't just yet...
13
14 compling QT without opengl support worked for me (my videocard doesn't support
15 it properly anyway (laptop, siliconmotion))
16 I never tried to recompile X tough, I still had a binary package that I
17 compiled earlier lying around, and I figured I would recompile X later, when
18 it would work with gcc3.1.
19
20 KDE itself works: kdebase and kdelibs compiled.
21 I first compiled the normal ebuilds, and later compiled the cvs version, as I
22 couldn't wait for the tabbed browsing (wich makes konqueror and even better
23 browser, no more mozilla for me :)
24
25 Oh, and I compiled everything with the masked binutils(2.12.90.0.7), it really
26 makes a big difference in startup time for KDE apps.
27
28 Christope Vanfleteren