From: Jon Portnoy <avenj@g.o>
To: Brian Harring <bdharring@××××.edu>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] distfile diff's
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 16:10:01
1 Both. Developers can manually put files in an incoming directory of
2 sorts and a script run every couple days attempts to download any
3 missing SRC_URIs.
4
5 On Sun, Apr 13, 2003 at 04:26:30AM -0500, Brian Harring wrote:
6 > I've recently been thinking about how the heck we could implement a distfile
7 > diff setup- I posted some of my thoughts on the forums (with no results so
8 > far) at http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=46151 .
9 >
10 > I'm still wondering how does a src (say afbackup) get transferred to the
11 > gentoo distfile mirrors? Is this an automated process, or a transfer done by
12 > somebody?
13 >
14 > The way I see it, either we could end up w/ some semi-automated solution
15 > that's handled by the servers (bad in my books), or the developer of the
16 > specific ebuild would have to create the diffs.
17 >
18 > If it's the developer who creates the diff, I need to know when/how a distfile
19 > gets moved to the mirrors...
20 > Anyone?
21 > ~harring
22 > bdharring@××××.edu